|Reside in||Underworld, Earth|
A Vampire is a mythological or folkloric beings who subsist by feeding on the life essence (generally in the form of blood) of living creatures, regardless of whether they are undead or a living person/being. Several vampires appear in Grim Tales. Irwin is concidered a vampire although he only is it for a quarter.
Although vampiric entities have been recorded in many cultures, and may go back to "prehistoric times", the term vampire was not popularized until the early 18th century, after an influx of vampire superstition into Western Europe from areas where vampire legends were frequent, such as the Balkans and Eastern Europe, although local variants were also known by different names, such as vrykolakas in Greece and strigoi in Romania. This increased level of vampire superstition in Europe led to mass hysteria and in some cases resulted in corpses actually being staked and people being accused of vampirism.
Powers and Abilities
- Shapeshifting: Vampires are able to turn into various creatures. It has been shown by Mina and Vlad that they can turn into bats and wolves. Marceline also is known to do this, but can also transform into a reptilian-like creature and tentacle monster. Hunson also has shown to transform into a giant demon.
- Mist: As displayed by Mina, vampires can turn into mist and can slide out of obstacles, like the house that fell on Mina. However when they get trapped into something they're stuck.
- Hypnotizing: This ability is mostly used by the higher level vampires. They can hypnosize humans and possibly also other Earthlings. However it doesn't work on people who are undead.
- Telekinesis: Vampires, like Vlad and Marceline, are known to levitate objects and even life-form with their powers. With telekinesis you cannot control things that can't be count like fire, wind and water.
- Pyrokinesis: This is a special ability only used by Marceline. The ability means that you can create and control fire with the mind, similar to Telekinesis.
- Invisibility: Also another move that only has been displayed by Marceline. It just simply turns you invisable. Unlike Mist you cannot slide or go through objects, but only can't be seen.
- Necromancy: Marceline also only displayed this power. It is used to communicate with the deceased by bringing their body's back as spirits. Although this move is rarely used because in the Underworld the deceased can interact with each other already.
Vampires are vurnable to sunlight. When the sunlight shines down on them their skin will burn and melt to goo, though vampires can survive a small period of time in the sunlight. Although this isn't really a weakness, the reflection of vampires can't be seen in mirror's, windows or on video tapes. Another thing that vampires are extremly 'allergic' for is garlic. As seen when Mina got the garlic bread in her mouth she immediately spit it out and coughed a lot. When garlic is consumed by vampires it can be deadly.